Home | About us | Stocks |Rides | Videos | For Sale | Dyno Result | Authorised Workshop | Contact Us

The BEST Aftermarket ECU for Hondas. We can vouch for it - we USE it !

RED LINE

JDMjunkies.BN Super Kits - Price updated!!

Working with various tuners, Red Line Oil developed convenient synthetic oil packages for the many of the world's most popular performance vehicles. Included in these kits are engine oil, transmission oil, gear oil for the differential, a bottle of WaterWetter and a bottle of SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

Each kit includes enough fluid for a complete oil swap (users must check vehicle specs for capacity to ensure against overfilling, as full quarts may provide more product than necessary). JDMjunkies.BN Oil Super Kits are now available for selected Auto Transmission Cars

Click here to verify that our Red Line are ordered from authentic source -> LINK

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

July 2, 2009

Hondata FlashPro review (Singapore)

Interesting review on FlashPro done by a Singapore fren... and tuned by a fren also. :D

"This article is contributed by FD2 Type R customer, Ken.

Having driven the old Honda B series engine before, K series was just the natural way for me to go when it came to choosing my new ride. Thus I settle for the Civic Type R FD2R.

Of course, like any other motorhead, stock simply wasn’t just good enough for me. Yet I am not an avid racer neither do I need insane 350 BHP NA cars to pacify me before I sleep at night. All I want is a smooth and comfortable drive, a little faster than stock, and most of all, I do not want my fuel consumption to be affected too much.

When this car was first launched, there were no ECU management solutions at all! It was so frustrating! Solutions then were restricted to units that have to splice our wire harness ( definitely a NO NO since I have been accustomed to Hondata’s Plug and Play S300 for my old Honda civic.) Or replacing the entire ECU with a Super Expensive Standalone with a big modification to the wire harness and/or to the e-throttle to convert it into a cable throttle.

Sighs, all options were exhausted and I reduced myself to just being contented with some simple bolt on mods like intake, headers, and exhaust.

However, the people at Hondata had heard the prayers of the FD2 Type R & FN2 Type R community. They have came up with the FlashPro!

I was prepared to pay the price I did for my old Hondata S300 but the chaps at Hondata surprised me even further!

Now I would like to write a field report for the dyno tuning session we did at Uber Mainline Roller Dyno machine.

It was Sunday and the quiet neighbourhood at Red hill is about to be awaken by the roar of the K20A Vtec on the dyno!

All shapes and sizes and colours of CTRs turned up promptly. Everyone was very patient while Joel treated us to drinks and pizza.

After a short wait, my car eagerly hopped up onto the roller dyno and awaited Joel’s magic touch to its ECU via the FlashPro.

Joel took care and time to slowly tune my car, ensuring that power is achieved while ensuring that the driver get as “stock” a feel as possible., treating every of his customers’ cars as his own. Its an amazing feat considering he spent almost his whole day swimming in exhaust gases.

Below are the figures that I have attained with my mods.


Note: HP figures will vary, as different Dynanometer will yield different results. What is important is the increase and the shape of the Dyno line!!
To get Flywheel figure, add 12 and then times 1.2.

I drove my car right after the dyno session, and it was an immediate feel of nirvana. I had struggled with the stock maps for my bolt on mods for so long and finally, everything seemed to have fallen into place.

Absolutely no regrets. It was good money spent. Now I can enjoy my ride till I get ideas for my next project.

Definitely I will aim for something more adventurous since we now have the FlashPro."

For more information email us at info@jdmjunkies-bn.com :D

0 comments: